Price: $19.95 (Shipping and handling included)
Paperback: 268 pages
Publisher: Johnson Media Inc. (JM); First edition (January 2013)
Product Dimensions: 9.0 x 6.0 x 0.70 inches
Shipping Weight: 11.2 ounces
- Achieved #1 Amazon Best Seller Ranking in Entrepreneurship, Small Business, and Startups
- Launched with 1,276 pre-order sales
- Reviewed favorably by major media, including Forbes and Fast Company
- Featured on “Best Entrepreneurship Books of All Time” list by BookAuthority
- Featured in Publishers Weekly® and ForeWord
- Praised by business thought leaders such as Seth Godin
- Used at some of the world’s most prestigious colleges and universities, including Harvard University, Brown University, Columbia University, and Dartmouth University
- Declared a winner of the 2014 Axiom Business Book Awards
- Declared a winner of the 2014 Grand Prize Award for the Eric Hoffer Awards ($2,000)
- Declared a winner of the 2014 First Horizon Award for the Eric Hoffer Awards
- Declared a winner of the 2013 National Indie Excellence Book Award
- Chosen as a finalist for the 2014 Image Award
- Chosen as a finalist for the 2013 USA Best Book Awards
- Chosen as a finalist for the 2013 ForeWord Book of the Year Award
- Received over 530 reader reviews on Amazon
- Established several foreign rights sales, including China, Korea, India, Brazil, and Russia
To achieve unimaginable business success and financial wealth—to reach the upper echelons of entrepreneurs, where you’ll find Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook, Sara Blakely of Spanx, Mark Pincus of Zynga, Kevin Plank of Under Armour, and many others—you have to change the way you think. In other words, you must develop the Entrepreneur Mind, a way of thinking that comes from learning the vital lessons of the best entrepreneurs.
In a praiseworthy effort to distill some of the most important lessons of entrepreneurship, Kevin D. Johnson, president of multimillion-dollar company Johnson Media Inc. and a serial entrepreneur for several years, shares the essential beliefs, characteristics, and habits of elite entrepreneurs. Through the conviction of his own personal experiences, which include a life-changing visit to Harvard Business School, and the compelling stories of modern-day business tycoons, Johnson transforms an oftentimes complex topic into a lucid and accessible one.
In this riveting book written for new and veteran entrepreneurs, Johnson identifies one hundred key lessons that every entrepreneur must learn in seven areas: Strategy, Education, People, Finance, Marketing and Sales, Leadership, and Motivation. Lessons include how to think big, who makes the best business partners, what captivates investors, when to abandon a business idea, where to avoid opening a business bank account, and why too much formal education can hinder your entrepreneurial growth.
Smart and insightful, The Entrepreneur Mind: 100 Essential Beliefs, Characteristics, and Habits of Elite Entrepreneurs is the ultimate primer on how to think like an entrepreneur.